10 Reasons why STACK
is the best AAU Basketball Program
in Bergen, Passaic & Rockland Counties
STACK Sports in Mahwah, New Jersey has separated itself as the best AAU basketball program and sports training facility for youth athletes in Bergen County New Jersey and Rockland County New York. At STACK we have created a facility with a positive environment and professional coaching. We provide the best youth sports experience for our athletes with opportunity to attend practices, games and training up to 7 days per week.
STACK Sports is very aware of the needs and wants of it’s youth athletes and their parents. Whether it is our STACK AAU Basketball Teams or our STACK Speed, Strength and Agility Training Classes we are dedicated to helping our athletes improve. We are always making sure our athletes have enough opportunity to work toward their goals by offering workouts 7 days per week. Below we compiled a list to show why we are the best youth sports training facility in Northern New Jersey.
DISCLAIMER: If a program is not offering you more than just 2 practices per week and professional paid coaching then there is no reason to compare the program to STACK. This is to compare serious basketball programs that understand what it takes to help players improve and 2 practices per week is simply not enough. Practices and training are the most important parts of growing as a player and working with professional coaches more than just 2 days a week gives your child the best chance to improve.
10. We offer the ability for STACK Basketball Players to come to STACK up to 7 days per week when they are signed up for the Elite AAU Package. This program is for players who want unlimited basketball practices, workouts, performance classes and are serious about improving as basketball players. If you compare what we offer to our competitors you will see a value and opportunity that simply cannot be matched.
9. Well managed & organized-schedules in advance announced at begin of season for practices. Games added to schedule in advance and we try to have no last minute changes. We developed & own National Sports ID & it is used by hundreds of teams because it a great way to organize your team.
8. You have your own home court at the STACK MAHWAH SPORTS PERFORMANCE CENTER- a home court for games & practices – not at mercy of schools and churches schedule. Our courts are climate controlled with AC, state of the art with conveniences unlike other courts.
6. At STACK you will learn methods from the best of the best! We don’t invite a player in to sign autographs, no water slides-we are serious about teaching what it takes to reach your full potential!
“I THINK STACK DOES A GREAT JOB OF LETTING HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETES KNOW THAT THEY CAN MAKE IT AND GIVING THEM ROUTINES GUYS LIKE US DO EVERY DAY”
OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER, 2013-14 NBA MVP, 5-TIME NBA ALL STAR, 4-TIME NBA SCORING CHAMPION
5. We have the only Basketball Sports Performance Center in NJ & we have a Basketball Specific Program to make athletes Stronger, faster and jump Higher. Work to be be the best! Try to dunk like Michael Jordan did in High School, or JUMP on a 42 BOX like D WADE!
4. We focus on teaching basketball that will benefit youth as they mature. We are dedicated to developing Team Players. We teach values that will last a lifetime.
Our Head Coach Atom Johnston is entering his 25th year coaching basketball at all levels with over 20 years at the high school level. During the winter season, he is currently the head girls basketball coach at Elmwood Park High School where he just completed his 4th season. At Elmwood Park, Atom turned around a program that had decades of struggle and in his four years accomplished many long-time firsts for the school which included but were not limited to: multiple winning seasons, state tournament berths, county tournament berths, and a county tournament victory (the school’s first in over 40 years). Prior to Elmwood Park, Atom was the boys varsity assistant at Westwood HS for 13 years and boys varsity assistant at Clifton HS for 5 years.
In addition to his HS coaching, he has been coaching AAU basketball and training athletes during that same time span and has an undying hunger and passion to help every player become the best player and person they could be. He is a believer in teaching players how to play the game the right way which includes strong core fundamentals and exceptional focus, effort, attitude, and toughness. Coath Atom prides himself on leading by example and giving everyone his very best and helping players reach the highest level of their basketball dreams
Coach Atom has combined his relentless work ethic as a youth basketball player, with his deep understanding of team basketball from his success at the college level, to help STACK players prepare for high school basketball. Coach Atom helps STACK basketball players become confident composed thinkers on the court.
He has the unique ability to teach the game with patience and coaching in a calm manner, never losing the focus that his players are there to learn. He understands that youth basketball games are much more than winning and losing. His main objective is to coach young players correctly, so they can learn the game of basketball and play it the right way.
Coach Atom has only a few requirements of his players and they are: listen, learn and work hard. All of his players understand the importance of these 3 requirements and if they practice them, they will improve.
3. Stack Basketball Teaches Student-Athletes Teamwork, Sportsmanship & Basketball.
STACK Basketball has quickly been recognized as one of the premier basketball programs in Bergen County, New Jersey because of our philosophy and state of the art training facility. Our 15,000 square foot basketball and sports performance training facility provides an incredible basketball experience for its players, for games, practices and training.
At STACK SPORTS IN MAHWAH we believe and understand that basketball is a team sport and it is meant to be played that way. Our philosophy is much more than just playing basketball, as we put an extreme emphasis on players learning and understanding the responsibilities of being a part of a legitimate basketball program.
2. STACK is heavily involved and has coaches coaching our athletes from Don Bosco, Mahwah, Indian Hills, Ramsey and many others. STACK trainers and coaches also work with many athletes from those high schools all over Northern New Jersey and Rockland County.
USA Basketball Certified
AAU Basketball Certified
STACK Basketball Certified
Our Basketball Coaches/Trainers
Visit Our Facility and See The STACK difference!
You Get Soooo much more than any other program! Experience a first class basketball experience that no other program can or even tries to match.