Although there are many important basketball fundamentals to learn, shooting is at the
core of them. Shooting form sets the foundation for forming a good shot. Good shooting form will help you make more shots, provides consistency, and increase confidence when those buckets continue to go in!
There are many different aspects of shooting form, but some of the most important ones include:
- The release point: The ball should be released high above your head for a proper arc so it has time to travel to the basket before it starts to fall.
- The shooting motion: The shooting motion should be smooth and effortless.
- The follow-through & concentration: After you release the ball, you should follow through with your shooting motion, so that you can maintain your balance and accuracy while your entire focus is on the basket.
If you want to improve your shooting, it is important to practice with good shooting form.
Stack provides a Lights Out shooting camp to focus entirely on improving your shooting.
- Learn from our experienced coaches: Our shooting form basketball camps are taught by our experienced coaches who have a proven track record of improving players’ shooting. They can help you identify and correct any flaws in your shooting form and teach you the proper techniques to improve your accuracy and consistency.
- Get personalized feedback: In our shooting form basketball camp, you will receive personalized feedback from the coaches on your shooting form. This will help you identify areas where you need to improve and make sure that you are practicing the correct techniques.
- Practice with other players: Our shooting form basketball camp is a great way
to practice your shooting with other players who are also working to improve their
skills. This can help you stay motivated and competitive, and it can also give you the opportunity to learn from other players.
- Get in the right mindset: Shooting form basketball camps can help you get in the right mindset for shooting. The coaches will teach you how to focus and concentrate on your shot, and they will help you develop a positive attitude.
- Have fun! Shooting form basketball camps are a great way to have fun and improve your basketball skills at the same time. You will learn a lot and meet new people along the way.
To ensure you are getting the most out the shooting form basketball camp:
- Be prepared to work hard: Improving your shooting form takes time and effort.
Be prepared to practice regularly and listen to the instruction of the coaches.
- Be patient: It takes time to develop good shooting form. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see results immediately. Just keep practicing and you will eventually see improvement.
- Be consistent: Make it enjoyable so you are more likely to stick with it.
There are many highly regarding basketball players with shooting form. Stephen Curry is widely
regarded as the best shooter in the NBA and his shooting form is why! Watching his release you can see
it is quick and fluid, he gest the ball off his fingertips high above his head. He has a very balanced and
consistent shooting motion. This is also true of Klay Thompson. Other great shooters include Trae
Young, Damian Lillard and Kevin Durant.
Many professional NBA players and upcoming basketball athletes have sought the expertise of a
shooting expert Chris Matthews, known as Lethal Shooter. As a St. Bonaventure alum, Lethal Shooter
took his love and passion for the game of basketball and made it into an outstanding career. Both
novice and elite athletes alike seek the help of experts to continually improve their shooting form.
If you are looking to improve your own shooting, it is good to study the form of these players and try to incorporate some of their techniques into your own shooting motion combined with the help of professionals to bring your basketball game to the next level.